- Resilience Agenda believes there are cognitive, behavioral and lifestyle steps people can take to improve their Mental Health, and that preventative and wellness inspired action can be taken prior to the intervention of professionals, and before people reach crisis point.
- Resilience Agenda believes that self-care, well-being, self-development and self-discovery is not selfish or a luxury, but instead a way to ‘sharpen the saw’ to makes life more meaningful, enjoyable and effective.
- Resilience Agenda believes that Fitness is a metaphor that most people aspire to, and we believe is much more engaging than other terms often used in health promotion such as ‘Mental Health’, ‘Emotional Intelligence’ or ‘Mental Hygiene.’
- Resilience Agenda’s metaphor of Mental Fitness implies that desired change and goal-oriented progress is possible, and that like physical fitness, maintaining good mental health is an ongoing pursuit. People can be positive, proactive and preventative and build their Mental Fitness with the right mindset and strategies.
- Resilience Agenda believes that the Mental Health Awareness message will be more effectively promoted through action-oriented language, with language that aims to achieve positive goals rather than avoiding negative goals, as well as language that focuses on the transitory nature of mental ill-health benefits and symptoms.
- Resilience Agenda believes that businesses and brands have a role in improving the collective Mental Health of society. We believe that sanctifying Mental Health as ‘special’, ‘different’ or outside the realm of commerce only entrenches stigma, rather than reduces it.